Award-Winning Michigan Birth Injury Lawyers
Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys’ Awards & Memberships
The birth injury lawyers at Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys have been honored highly by peers, clients, publications, and professionals in the legal field for decades. We encourage you to read about their awards below and reach out to the Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys team here with any questions or case inquiries you may have.
1. The U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
The U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings are based on client and lawyer evaluations, reviews from other top attorneys in specific fields, and additional information related to performance, character, and legal results. Only lawyers listed in Best Lawyers are eligible for “Best Law Firms.” The attorneys at Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys were recognized for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs Tier 1 for Metro Detroit and Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. Jesse Reiter, Rebecca Walsh, and Euel Kinsey are listed.
Jesse Reiter was also awarded the 2019 Lawyer of the Year award by Best Lawyers.
2. Super Lawyers Magazine Ratings
Every year, Super Lawyers Magazine selects a handful of outstanding lawyers to feature in their list of “Super Lawyers.” Attorneys are selected from over 70 different legal practice areas and ranked based on excellent professional achievement and peer recognition. The widely acclaimed Super Lawyers Magazine is published in all 50 states and reaches over 13 million readers. The lawyers from Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys have achieved the following Super Lawyers Magazine rankings:
- Top Michigan Attorneys: Every year since 2008, Super Lawyers Magazine has included attorney Jesse Reiter in its lists of top Michigan attorneys. Of over 40,000 attorneys in the state, Jesse Reiter consistently is rated on top—some of his greatest rankings in Super Lawyers Magazine include his 2013 “Top 5 Consumer Michigan Super Lawyers” and “Top 10 Michigan Super Lawyers” rankings. For more information on his various Super Lawyers Magazine rankings, you may visit his Super Lawyers profile page here.
- Top Female Michigan Attorneys: Attorney Rebecca Walsh has been selected for Super Lawyers Magazine’s top lists every year since 2010. Some of Rebecca Walsh’s outstanding Super Lawyers achievements include her top 50 and top 25 “Women Michigan Super Lawyers” and “Women Consumer Michigan Super Lawyers” rankings. To read more about Rebecca Walsh’s awards, visit her Super Lawyers Magazine profile page here.
3. The Best Lawyers in America
The lawyers at Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys have been included in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice Law—Plaintiffs for several years. Jesse Reiter has been awarded by Best Lawyers since 2008, Rebecca Walsh has been awarded by Best Lawyers since 2013, and their law firm has been recognized in the Best Law Firms in America since 2014. Best Lawyers© ratings are based on thorough peer-review surveys and have become widely recognized as the most respectable and reliable rating system for the legal profession. Inclusion in Best Lawyers is one of the highest honors related to ratings for legal professionals.
4. Leading Lawyers: Recommended by Peers
Leading Lawyers uses a thorough peer review process to select the most trusted legal professionals in various states and legal niches. Since attorneys selected by Leading Lawyers are nominated and evaluated by peers, their ratings are informed by those who understand the legal field best. Leading Lawyers’ review process ensures lawyer credibility and quality. The Leading Lawyers Network consistently recommends the birth injury lawyers from Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys.
5. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings: AV Preeminent
To generate Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings, lawyers and members of the Canadian and US bar and judiciary review lawyers based on professional ability, ethical standards, legal knowledge, analytical capabilities, judgment, communication, and legal experience. Our attorneys have achieved AV Preeminent ranking (the highest ranking possible), which is considered a “significant rating accomplishment—a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
6. Avvo Rating 10.0 – Top Attorneys for Birth Injury
Our attorneys have achieved the highest Avvo ratings possible. Avvo ratings consider a lawyer’s practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements, and industry recognition before calculating ratings on a 1-10 scale. To read Jesse Reiter’s Avvo ratings and review, visit this page. To read Rebecca Walsh’s Avvo ratings and review, visit this page.
7. Michigan Lawyers Weekly Awards
- Jesse Reiter Named a 2012 Leader in the Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly: In 2012, Michigan Lawyers Weekly selected Jesse Reiter as one of 25 “Leaders in the Law.” Jesse Reiter received this recognition based on his commitment to the practice of law, outstanding record of winning verdicts and settlements, integrity, and character.
- Rebecca Walsh Named a Top Woman in the Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly: Michigan Lawyers Weekly named Rebecca Walsh one of twenty 2012 “Women in the Law,” recognizing her for her successful record of verdicts and settlements, her tendency to give back to the legal field, and charitable community efforts.
- Jesse Reiter Named a 2006 Lawyer of the Year by Michigan Lawyers Weekly: Michigan Lawyers Weekly awarded Jesse Reiter with the prestigious Lawyer of the Year award in 2006.
In 2013, the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel (MDTC) awarded the Seventeenth Annual Respected Advocate Award to Jesse Reiter in recognition of his superb skills as a courtroom adversary, whose civility, ethics and decorum distinguish him as an outstanding advocate on behalf of his clients. The Respected Advocate Award is a particularly high honor for Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys president Jesse Reiter because it was awarded by defense practitioners.
Unlike most other medical malpractice firms, our Detroit, Michigan law firm exclusively focuses on birth injury cases. Birth trauma cases often involve very complicated legal and medical content, and our attorneys have the specific, extensive knowledge necessary to win cases related to birth injury. Our attorneys are members of a number of prestigious legal groups and associations that work to advance the field of medical malpractice and birth trauma litigation. In this section, we’ll discuss a few of these important memberships.
1. Birth Trauma Litigation Group & BTLG Chair ’10-’12, ‘13
The Birth Trauma Litigation Group (BTLG), an exclusive subgroup of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), is composed of highly regarded, international birth injury attorneys and experts. Members of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group exchange important information, develop educational opportunities for members, and produce articles, studies, and materials necessary to promote the field of birth trauma law. Jesse Reiter was elected Chair of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group from 2010-2012 and again in 2013. He is an Executive Board Member of the BTLG.
2. American Association for Justice (AAJ) – Member and Section Chair
Jesse Reiter has been an active member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) since 1987. The American Association for Justice (AAJ) elected Jesse Reiter as Chair of the Professional Negligence Section from 2012-2013. The Professional Negligence Section is responsible for all negligence subsections of the AAJ. The American Association for Justice, America’s largest trial bar, is committed to ensuring all persons injured due to negligence have access to justice.
3. Michigan Association for Justice – President
Jesse Reiter was elected as President of the Michigan Association for Justice (MAJ) from 2006 to 2007. Additionally, Rebecca Walsh and Emily Thomas have been recognized as MAJ PaceSetters, an award recognizing attorneys who promote the Michigan justice system in unique and influential ways.
4. Melvin M. Belli Member
In 2013, Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys partner Rebecca Walsh was asked to present at the annual Belli Seminar. Named after the famous lawyer Melvin M. Belli, the Belli seminar aims to promote legal wisdom among its membership. As a leader in the legal field of birth trauma, Rebecca Walsh’s presentation discussed the main reasons infants suffer injuries during labor and the first days of life.
5. Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Jesse Reiter is a member of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a group of US trial lawyers consisting only of attorneys who have secured million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Currently, fewer than 1% of lawyers (roughly 4,000 people) are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
5. Better Businesses Bureau (BBB) Accredited Business A+
Michigan Cerebral Palsy Attorneys is a Better Businesses Bureau accredited business. Businesses accredited by the BBB are recognized for their integrity, trustworthiness, transparency, responsiveness, safety, and effectiveness as businesses.